Website building platforms became popular for creating both a functional corporate site
or landing page
for special events. It's pretty easy to construct a website using pre-built templates and widgets. Yet, the simplicity can be misleading. Often companies get frustrated with the result when their site looks like a clone of many others on the Internet.
One of the website builders we advocate is Tilda. It's a visual website design editor
using an extensive collection of building "blocks" assembled and tested to look great on any platform or resolution. If the stock collection of "block" templates be insufficient, you can use 'Tilda Zero Block
' to create a customized and unique visual design of website elements.
We described some essential tips working in Zero Block editor.
- Fit the textbox and images on any part of a layout. Think of it as a white sheet of paper where you can draw everything to your taste.
- Upload pictures and create basic geometric figures. Move, resize, copy your objects.
- Customize the text elements and their alignment, color, font size and weight, typeface, line spacing.
- Any Zero Block can support basic animation and video.
- Transform some Tilda blocks to the Zero by entering the settings of the block and selecting "Convert to Zero block" button. When converting all pre-configured functionality and animation disappears.
- Rule of the thumb is more customization - more work on adaptation to different devices you have to do later. Besides the primary desktop screen, there are four mobile device layouts available.
- You don't have to remove the blocks that you no longer need. They can be hidden and made visible again.
- The maximum height of the Zero block is 4000 px. If your page scroll length is longer than that you can extend it with a new block beneath.
- To copy the existing element, click on the item and drag it to the target place on the page while holding down the Alt key. We do not recommend using standard copy-paste with ctrl+c / ctrl+v to avoid the copied elements placed on top of the original. It requires extra work to rearrange each copied element.
- Do not put extra spaces and do not use Enter to carry over text to the next line, unless it's the beginning of a new paragraph. Text wrapping mobile versions result in extra line spaces.
- To distinguish the look and feel of the same block in desktop/mobile you have two options. Create a separate block and specify to show in on mobile resolution only (0 to 980px). Alternatively, you can remove redundant elements or images by moving them out of a display area of the block to the grey zone. They will not be displayed on mobile devices.